The Training Centre is a national and international centre of excellence for training in Air Traffic Management. Its mission is to plan and implement learning solutions for the development of technical and managerial skills for Air Traffic Management.
ENAV Training Centre is located in Forlì. It is set in the heart of an aeronautical community which involves the University of Bologna (Aerospace and Mechanical Engineering Degree Programmes), the Aviation High School "Francesco Baracca", a flight school and a school for aviation maintenance technicians. The Training Centre offers its participants an environment reserved for learning. It has classrooms which seat between 6 and 30 people, a conference hall for up to 200 people, simulators and a canteen coffee bar.
The following simulators are used at the Training Centre for training activities:
- 1/Radar simulation room (24 workstations in 12 suites)
- 5/3D 270° tower simulators
- 1/CRJ certified flight simulator
- 8/PTT (Part Task Trainer) workstations
Specialised and committed technical assistance is constantly provided. The different scenarios and operational environments are customizable based on the course objectives.
A few activities are carried out at the Rome Headquarters, while customised courses can be delivered on site, based on specific logistic and organisational needs.
The flight simulation systems are managed by specifically assigned, specialised technical personnel, to guarantee continuing support.
The scenarios and operational specifications can be tailored on the basis of the purpose of the courses, including the set-up of customised airport and service area scenarios.
Other facilities dedicated to training are available in Rome, and the customised projects can be created at the customer premises, on the basis of specific logistical and organisational requirements. The Rome Fiumicino airport also has a fully equipped TWR simulation system, and each radar control centre has simulation rooms used for training.The Training Centre operates on the basis of the ISO 9001 Quality Management System, and is recognised as the ENAC Training Organization; it is also an ICAO Trainair Plus Associate Member.
The planning and management of the training process is provided by a team of air traffic controllers, Human Factor experts, experts in training processes and dedicated technical personnel.
ENAV Training Centre is organised in three skills centres:
- Air Navigation Services Training: is the skills centre that provides the initial training, certification and continued development of personnel assigned to flight navigation (Air Traffic Controllers, FIS personnel, meteorological personnel). It guarantees the compliance of the instructors, evaluators and contents of the Training Plans with national and international requisites, verifying the efficacy of the training activities in terms of reaching the required results.
- Human Performance: is a high qualification, advanced social and technical multidisciplinary skills centre to guarantee the integration of the Human Factor aspect in technical programmes, in order to improve the skills of the ATC personnel in their interaction with technologies, people, procedures and operational areas. The aim is to enhance their capacity to react to traffic demand, ensuring safety standards and maintaining high performance levels.
- Didactic methods and system: this is a wide-ranging skills centre providing support for instructional design to instructors and teachers, in order to engineer and develop didactic materials and simulation technologies. The constant search for methodologies, techniques and instruments for the improvement of training, in line with best practices in training, contributes to the efficacy and overall quality of the Centre's activities.